Business Support Officer - Economic Development (Part-Time)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
A Part-time opportunity is now available for a highly motivated and experienced Business Support Officer to provide efficient and effective administrative support in a professional and responsive manner to the Economic Development team at Cessnock City Council.
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Working within the Economic Development Unit, this role will be required to:
- Provide high quality, professional, confidential and accurate administrative support to the Economic Development team;
- Assist with research and preparation of Economic Development Unit communications, publications and correspondence including Advance Cessnock City e-news and associated media;
- Provide high level customer service on behalf of Council with both internal and external customers; and
- General administrative duties including; photocopying, printing, filing, data entry and mail.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Minimum certificate IV in Research, Communications or Business Administration or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Highly developed organisational time management skills with experience in meeting deadlines, attention to detail and dealing with conflicting and varied demands; and
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills coupled with a strong ability to problem solve, negotiate and liaise with key stakeholders.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $28.58 to $33.09 per hour
- 10.5% superannuation
- Part-time 21 hours per week as per the weekly roster
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 19 September 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed responses to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Rhiannon Stevens, Acting Economic Development Manager on 4993 4257
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.