Safety and Risk Coordinator
Cessnock City Council is looking for a leader with extensive experience in Work Health and Safety and Enterprise Risk Management to join our fast paced and dynamic team.
You will have hands on responsibility for leading Council’s risk management, work health and safety, workers compensation and general insurance function. This key position will help to drive a culture of safety and risk based decision making throughout the organisation and work closely with Council’s Leadership and Management teams to deliver risk and safety strategies and projects.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Implementing and managing Council’s Enterprise Risk Framework and systems including the preparation and maintenance of Business Continuity Plans and the facilitation of Council’s strategic risk register;
- Managing Council’s Workers Compensation and general insurance function;
- Leading a small team working within the HR team to promote risk awareness and drive a safety culture and to provide a safe and health work environment for officers, workers and the community; and
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures to meet work health and safety, risk, workers compensation and insurance obligations in accordance with relevant legislation and guidance material.
What You Need:
- Degree qualifications in Work Health and Safety, Business, Commerce or related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience (minimum of 5 years) in a similar role, coupled with the ability to work in a fast paced, customer oriented environment;
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team, with the proven ability to lead, motivate, develop and support a team and deliver organisational results; and
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of work health and safety, risk management and workers compensation and general insurance.
What We Offer:
- $90,459 – $114,028 per annum (inclusive of Market Premium) plus 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Optional Leaseback Vehicle
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Who We Are
Cessnock City Council LGA is based in a vibrant area in the heart of the Hunter Valley with strong growth and development potential. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle. Our organisation has recently undergone an exciting transformation to ensure we meet the needs of the community now and into the future and remain a high performing and sustainable Council.
Close Date: Thursday 5 September 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed responses to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Contact: Sonia Huthnance, Acting Human Resource Manager on 4993 4223
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.