Visitor Centre Officer (Casual)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Do you have a passion for tourism in the Hunter Valley and customer service? We are currently seeking reliable, self-motivated and passionate customer service candidates looking for a flexible working arrangement. Our Visitor Information Centre has multiple casual positions available for Visitor Centre Officers to assist our team during periods of reduced staff availability and leave.
This role will also be required to:
- Provide high quality customer service to members of the public, community organisations, tourism operators, and government authorities;
- Provide accurate and timely information to customers about the Cessnock LGA and en-route information held by the Hunter Valley Visitor Centre;
- Process the sales of merchandise and fee for services and other fees and charges within Hunter Valley Visitor Centre. Respond to telephone, mail, fax & email enquiries in a timely and efficient manner; and
- Undertake general administration duties such as filing, preparation of correspondence, preparation of promotional materials, preparation of reports and submissions and maintaining and ordering stocks of promotional material and merchandise.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- TAFE Certificate Level III in Office Administration or other equivalent/relevant qualification or extensive experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated experience within a Visitor Centre in the industries of marketing, sales or tourism;
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills with proven commitment to community service; and
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, fostering an environment based on teamwork and cooperation.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $41.17 - $47.67 per hour including casual loading
- 9.5% superannuation
- No guaranteed hours, may work up to 35 hours per week
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 29 August 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed answers to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Rhiannon Stevens, Acting Economic Development Manager on 4993 4257
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.