Team Leader Operational Crew
We are currently seeking a Team Leader Operational Crew to join our Works and Operations Team. This position will be responsible for delivering programmed specialised maintenance and construction on road/drainage asserts within a predetermined time, quality and cost targets.
This role will also be required to:
- Lead and manage the operational crew team including coordinating the operational activities, assisting with development and training and actively encouraging team harmony and cooperation;
- Ensure that all program works undertaken are completed within an established time frame and in accordance with all relevant quality, cost and WHS requirements;
- Organise and accept delivery of goods and service for timely completion of programmed works; and
- Maintain the health and safety of the general public and Council staff during the execution of works by ensuring safe work practices are adopted and adhered to in accordance with Council’s WHS policy and procedures.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Local Government Operational Works/Frontline Management or equivalent with particular emphasis in civil works and demonstrated extensive experience in a civil construction/maintenance role;
- Highly developed concrete finishing skills and the ability to set out a project from established survey marks;
- Demonstrated effective team leadership skills and the proven ability to develop and maintain a team environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation and mutual respect; and
- Current LR Drivers Licence and Work Safety in the Construction Industry (White Card)
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $64,577 - $74,773 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 38 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Friday 6 September 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed answers to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Sam Basnayake, Works Engineer on 4993 4144
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.