Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Are you looking for your next career opportunity? We are currently seeking a Survey Technician to join our Works and Operations Team. This position is required to provide survey services to ensure projects are developed and delivered to high standard in accordance with Council’s quality and WHS requirements.
This role will also be required to:
- Provide timely, accurate and precise surveys for the design of project and construction of projects to current industry best practice;
- Undertake benchmarking and assessment of work practices and methods to ensure that Council applies best practice engineering applications and solutions and ensure continuous improvement;
- Liaise and engage in a professional manner with key stakeholders, ensuring appropriate consultation processes are undertaken; and
- Ensure compliance with industry best practice, Work Health and Safety regulations, policies, processes, Surveying and Spatial Information Regulation and the Surveyor Generals and Registrar Generals Directions.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A diploma of Surveying or equivalent and demonstrated survey experience in a road/drainage construction environment;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders;
- Well-developed computer skills, including demonstrated competency in the use of MS Office applications and 12d Model software; and
- Current Class C drivers licence and a Work Safely in the Construction Industry Certificate.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $60,185 - $69,688 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 22 August 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed answers to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Joshua Smith, Surveyor on 4993 4332
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.