Team Leader Bridges
Are you passionate about bridge and civil construction and looking for your next career opportunity? We are currently seeking a Team Leader Bridges to join our Works and Operations Team. This position will be responsible for providing sound leadership of a multi-skilled team while delivering programmed bridge maintenance and minor construction works within predetermined time, quality and costs.
This role will also be required to:
- Lead and manage the bridge maintenance team including coordinating the operational activities, assisting with development and training and actively encouraging team harmony and cooperation;
- Ensure that all works undertaken are in accordance with all relevant quality, environment and WHS requirements; and
- Provide advice and assist in the development of maintenance works for bridges and culverts; and
- Maintain the health and safety of the general public and Council staff during the execution of works by ensuring safe work practices are adopted and adhered to in accordance with Council’s WHS policy and procedures.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Civil Engineering, Construction Carpentry trade certificate or other equivalent qualifications, or demonstrated extensive experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of bridge, civil construction and maintenance techniques and engineering work methods employed on bridge and civil projects;
- Demonstrated solid written and verbal communication skills; and
- Current MR drivers licence, RMS Traffic Controller and RMS Implement cards, Crane Chasers Certificate, Scaffolders/Rigger Certificate and Hyab Ticket.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $64,577 - $74,773 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 38 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Friday 30 August 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed answers to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
John Latter, South Area Maintenance Coordinator on 4993 4264
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.