Records Management Officer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced and customer focused individual to join our Records Management team. The Records Management team is an essential part of Council, which is responsible for ensuring all records are managed and maintained in accordance to legislative requirements.
Reporting to the Records Management Coordinator, this position is required to:
- Manage all incoming correspondence, both paper and digital in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements, policy and procedure;
- Ensure that corporate records are managed, maintained and accessible in accordance with legislative obligations under the State Records Act 1998; and
- Provide advice, support and training to staff on records management related matters.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- Certificate IV in Records Management or Business Administration, or demonstrated experience relevant to the position;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a similar role, including experience with electronic document records management systems (EDRMS) and records archiving and disposal programs;
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and team work skills;
- Demonstrated sound computer skills and accurate and efficient data entry; and
- Proven ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a high volume work environment.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $52,200 to $60,442 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location
Close Date: Thursday 25 July 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Amanda Hillman, Records Management Coordinator on 4993 4206
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.