Senior Youth Worker (Part-Time)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
The Cessnock Youth Centre and Outreach Service (CYCOS) is a relaxed place, which young people can call their own and that is supervised by a friendly team of youth workers. We are currently seeking an experienced and engaged Senior Youth Worker. This part-time role will assist with the planning, delivery and implementation of the social, recreational and informal educational programs provided by CYCOS.
Providing positive outcomes for young people within the Cessnock LGA, this key position will be required to:
- Deliver and promote CYCOS social, recreational and educational programs, drop in centre activities and youth outreach activities;
- Assist in the development and delivery of youth programs and activities including large scale community youth events;
- Ensure an ongoing good level of awareness and knowledge on external youth and community services while ensuring CYCOS maintains a respectful, welcoming, inclusive and safe environment; and
- Supervise and lead the CYCOS youth work staff including assisting with on the job staff training and co-ordination of the CYCOS staff roster.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum level of Diploma) in Youth Work, Welfare, Community Services or related discipline;
- Demonstrated 3 years’ experience in a youth work setting including developing and delivering youth programs and activities for young people;
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills with the proven ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external; and
- Possession of a Paid Worker’s current and valid Working with Children Check Number.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $67,676 - $78,361 per annum (pro rata)
- 10.5% superannuation
- 20 hours per week as per the weekly roster
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 30 May 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Natalie Drage, Community and Cultural Engagement Manager on 4993 4118
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.