Customer Service Officer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 380 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Our experienced and dynamic Customer Service team is currently seeking an efficient, reliable, hardworking and self-motivated Customer Service Officer to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service to the community and customers of Council and to promote a positive customer service oriented image for Cessnock City Council.
This role will also be required to:
- Provide high quality frontline customer service (front counter and call-centre services) in a positive and professional manner;
- Receive and process monies payable in relation to Council services in accordance with relevant accounting standards and Council’s cash handling policies and procedures;
- Provide relevant information and assistance regarding Council’s policies, procedures, activities and services to all customers of Council in a professional, concise and helpful manner; and
- Ensure that all customer requests and/or complaints which are received regarding Council service(s) are processed and managed in accordance with Council’s policies and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Certificate III in Customer Service, Office Administration or other related discipline, or demonstrated solid experience in a similar environment;
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of effective high level customer service within an administrative environment;
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communications skills, interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette including the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external; and
- Demonstrated problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $54,627 - $63,253 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 21 February 2019 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Tracy Gall, Customer Relations Team Leader on 4993 4100
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.