Business Support Officer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
A new opportunity is now available for a highly enthusiastic, reliable and experienced Business Support Officer to provide efficient and effective administrative support in a professional and responsive manner to the Planning and Environment directorate at Cessnock City Council. Working within the Business Support and Customer Relations team, the position assists with a diverse range of functions in delivering high quality, professional, confidential and accurate administrative support to the Planning and Environment Directorate including, Development Services, Competitive Building Team, Environmental Health and Strategic Planning in accordance with Council’s policy, protocols and procedures.
This role will also be required to:
- Provide high quality service to members of the community, customers and staff;
- Process applications, associated certificates, documents and maintain associated registers for Development, Construction Certificates, Complying Development, Subdivision, Septics and On-site Sewage management;
- Provide relevant information and assistance regarding Council’s policies, procedures, activities and services to all customers of Council in a professional, concise and helpful manner; and
- Receive and process monies payable in relation to Council services in accordance with relevant accounting standards and Council’s cash handling policies and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- Certificate III in Customer Service, Office Administration, or other related discipline, or demonstrated solid experience in a similar role;
- Contemporary knowledge of providing administrative support with a minimum of 4 years’ experience;
- Demonstrated strong experience in the delivery of effective, high level customer service within an administrative environment;
- Outstanding customer service, communication skills, interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette including the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $50,927 - $58,968 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 15 November 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Paige Hawkins, Business Support Team Leader on 4993 4156
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.