Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
An opportunity is now available for a multi-skilled Plant Operator to undertake plant operator and labouring duties, as part of our works teams executing the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and parks.
Reporting to the Resource Coordinator, this role will also be required to:
- Operation of allocated plant under supervision and/or instruction, in accordance with RMS Regulations and Council policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Undertake general labouring duties, such as excavation and spreading of material, pipe laying, concrete works, erection of roadside furniture and roadside cleaning;
- Operate and maintain small plant and equipment such as chainsaws, plate compactors, hand mowers, hand tools, brush cutters, small fuel driven roller, and concrete vibrators; and
- Ensure a positive image of Council is promoted throughout the community through courteous, responsive and efficient service.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Current Class HR driver’s licence;
- Demonstrated experience and competence in the safe operation, servicing and maintenance of plant and vehicles;
- Demonstrated experience and competency in undertaking labouring duties for civil projects such as curb and gutter construction, stormwater pipe and sump construction; and
- Demonstrated experience and competency operating at least one of the following items of plant:
- Skid Steer Loader
- Backhoe Loader
This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not apply.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $50,927 - $58,968 per annum (plus 10.5% superannuation)
- 38 hour per week position
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 25 October 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Peter Burgess, Resource Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.