Customer Contact Team Leader
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
An exciting new leadership opportunity is available for a Customer Contact Team Leader to play a pivotal role in the transformation of the Customer Service function at Council. This key position will supervise and manage the daily operation of the Customer Contact team and deliver high level customer service to Council’s internal and external customers.
This role will also be required to:
- Provide call coaching, mentoring and people development through call listening, providing quality feedback;
- Ensure the provision of quality customer service for internal Customers by fostering relationships to exceed expectations by developing and implementing strategies to improve the level of service provided;
- Manage and review corporate systems relevant to Customer Contact Centre including; EngHouse, Skype for Business, Knowledge Management System, Live Chat and After hours services; and
- Provide strategic direction, monitor and report on the team objectives for Councils Corporate Plan and Customer Relations Unit Plan.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum level diploma) in Business Administration, Information Technology, Management or other relevant discipline, or extensive relevant experience in a similar role;
- Contemporary knowledge of call centre operations and a minimum of 5 year experience in a customer service environment delivering high quality and multichannel customer services;
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a supervisory position, including the ability to effectively lead, inspire teamwork and manage the performance of a team; and
- Outstanding customer service, communication skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to build effective working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $70,965 - $82,170 per annum (plus 10.5% superannuation)
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Sunday 15 July 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Paige Hawkins, Business Support Team Leader on 4993 4156
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.