Aquatic Facilities Coordinator
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We are currently undergoing an exciting transformation as we modernise our aquatics facilities and seek applications from highly motivated, energetic and outcome focused individuals for the position of Aquatic Facilities Coordinator. This key position will assist in the management of Council’s outdoor swimming pools by providing leadership, specialist advice and direction to pool staff.
The role must also build internal and external relationships and undertake marketing of the facilities. Council policy and procedures, industry standards and statutory requirements are also to be met. This role will also be required to:
- Coordinate and manage Council’s Aquatics teams and oversee the operations of Council pools, ensuring that are managed in an efficient and cost effective manner;
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to increase patronage and revenue at Council’s pools and aquatic centres;
- Develop, implement, review and evaluate a range of aquatic and land based programs for Council’s pools and aquatic centres designed to increase pool attendances and revenue; and
- Ensure a positive image of Council is promoted throughout the community through courteous, responsive and efficient service.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Community Recreation (specialising in Aquatics); or equivalent industry qualification;
- Demonstrated minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, including demonstrated knowledge of maintenance and operation of pool plant, experience in developing, marketing and promoting programs and facilities and management of kiosk sales;
- Demonstrated sound experience in managing a team, including rostering, budget management and achieving results within time, quality and cost targets, with proven leadership skills and the ability to foster an environment based on teamwork and cooperation; and
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and understanding of Public Swimming Pool and Spa Pool Advisory Document; Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation; Practice Note.15 (Water Safety) and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
This position will work on a rotating roster across 7 days during pool season (October to March) and standard hours Monday to Friday outside the pool season (April to September).
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $70,965 - $82,170 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hour per week
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Sunday 12 November 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Nathan Eveleigh, Recreation and Community Facilities Coordinator on 4993 4235
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.