Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Council is currently seeking a motivated and experienced Strategic Planner to provide effective and efficient service in the investigation and preparation of strategic plans, studies, reports, environmental planning instruments and policies which are comprehensive, contemporary, relevant and reflective of Council’s and community goals. This role will also be required to:
- Prepare and update strategic planning instruments including Local Environmental Plans, Development Control Plans, Section 94 Contributions Plans and Voluntary Planning Agreements, strategic studies, policies and exhibition materials as directed;
- Provide high level and professional, technical, current and relevant strategic planning advice, information, analytical data, studies, correspondence, Council and other reports and presentations to relevant internal and external parties as required; and
- Identify relevant funding sources, prepare applications and negotiate where appropriate with funding providers.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualification in Town Planning or related discipline;
- Demonstrated relevant experience in planning and environment (minimum 3 years);
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and assessment of strategic land use planning studies, Planning Proposals, Development Control Plans and Section 94 Contribution Plans; and
- Demonstrated experience in the application of urban design principles and heritage management.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $66,025 - $76,450 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hour per week position
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 26 October 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Wonona Fuzzard, Principal Strategic Planner on 4993 4287
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.